Friday, April 20, 2018

Signs of spring?

Hopefully saying it out loud doesn't jinx it.

I've actually been getting out a couple times a week (or nearly) which has been a nice change.  Even nicer will be consistent temps over 50, but you can't have it all right?

Is sapsucker the quintessential April migrant?

If it isn't then Hermit Thrush probably has a pretty good case.

I think of Brown Creeper and Golden-crowned Kinglet more as March birds, but they're still around.

A Sora surprised me a little, but probably more because it's felt so cold rather than being late on the calendar.

This is probably my best ever Snipe photo.

Also my best photo of a Red Fox moving one of her kits to a new (non-flooded?) den, but I don't have a lot of those to choose from.

Finally a nice mix between the classic sign of spring, a robin... with snow falling.


No comments: