Sunday, May 23, 2021

Spring warbs

It's rule #7 of the bird blogger bylaws that you must do a spring warbler post! 

This is the first decent portrait I've ever taken of a Cerulean.


Cerulean is actually pretty closely related to Blackburnian, though you wouldn't know it from this angle (now if I had a female sideways the similarities might start showing better).

Last year I did pretty well with Blackpolls, and they were pretty common this year too.

Black-throated Blue is likely on most peoples favorite list (though that's generally a pretty long list).

I thought I was finally learning Blue-headed Vireo's song this year ... but then half the time they would turn out to be Yellow-throateds.  No problems with silent birds.

Aaaaaand the opposite of spring warblers, spring cowbirds, blecccchhh.




No comments: