Sunday, June 8, 2014

Breeding Warbs

I haven't gotten out a lot lately, partially due to my schedule and partially due to, well, migration's over man.  But there's still interesting things out there (some even with 2 wings instead of 4).

I was hearing this chestnut sided singing down in the river bottom for about an hour before it really clicked on me that it might be worth trying to photograph.  I had about 10 minutes before I left for work but he turned out to be fairly cooperative.
He was still singing away when I got home that evening.  It was gone the next morning though, which I guess make sense since I've never had one on territory down there.

Prothonotary is another bird that breeds locally, but one that I don't have good pics of.  Part of the reason is their penchant for the most mosquito-infested habitat possible.  The cold spring has the bugs behind making this individual tolerable to wait for, just a few miles from my house.


I think Indigo Buntings were singing at about our first 8 stops trying to find a Blue Grosbeak last week.  Right on cue there was one singing away at the Prothon spot.

 Plus another of what I'm calling Midland Clubtail.  They apparently don't have a problem with poison ivy.

No comments: