Saturday, May 3, 2014

Spring Warbs, round 1

It's that time of year.  With foliage so far behind, I've got high hopes for warbler shots this year, though my schedule's not looking great honestly.

Here's a Yellow-throated Rhoda and I had a week or so ago in Warren Woods

Definitely my best pics of one.  Next up, hopefully Cerulean.

This morning I went into the river bottom behind the house.  I found one little pocket of birds.  It was mostly Palms,
but one Black-and-white and one Black-throated Green



 I missed an alternate Parula song, I was actually thinking BT Blue for a second when I saw the blue back with some white in the wings before it turned to show the yellow; you can never be disappointed with a parula though, even if it was quite as good as last years...


Finally a Prairie Trillium, overcast is actually better for photographing a lot of the flowers

No comments: