Monday, January 20, 2014

10 years ago today ...

... give or take.

Prior to having kids Ginger and I used to go up to the UP once or twice a winter.  It didn't take too many times to see the gyrfalcons that used to hang out along the St Mary's river (though I never managed a decent pic), but we made a lot of trips before we finally found a Great Gray.  This one (the only one I've ever seen) was on the south end of either Sugar or Neebish Island.


This was in the digi-scoping days, and with a pretty early camera (the original file is about 1100 pixels high, my 7D is about 5000 at its widest dimension, so about 4% as many pixels as the current files).

Ginger named the bird Clyde.  You may or may not be able to guess what I suggested as its name if it was a girl (think the Seinfeld where Jerry forgot his GF's name).



No comments: