Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Lamest review bird ever

I'm not complaining.  I only manage Eurasian Collared-dove about every other year in the county, though I didn't make a ton of effort last year (in fact for the last 3 years since we had a collared-dove hanging out at Tiscornia one spring I've more or less figured I'd get one there or not at all.  It's generally been not at all).  Lacking anything better to do (and with always the chance of a rare raptor in the open plains of south county I drove down to where Tim had a flock last week.

As luck would have it, they were still there.
 
I tried bouncing from bird to bird with them perched up, but they started flying pretty quick. Here's the next bird in the bunch:
The committee can't complain that the tail feathers are ruffled on this bird (unlike this collared- dove).  Note the outer black extends 2/3 of the way down the outer tail feather and the smoky gray undertail coverts.

Here's the last bird to flush (there were either 7 or 9, I can't remember which).
I'm not sure why I bothered to make a montage of a collared-dove but done is done.

No comments: